The public may observe and/or participate in this meeting many ways.
• To observe, the public may view the televised video conference by viewing KTOP channel 10 on Xfinity (Comcast) or ATT Channel 99 and locating City of Oakland KTOP - Channel 10
• To observe the meeting online from the City's Agenda Meeting Calendar, at the noticed meeting time, please click on https://oakland.legistar.com/calendar.aspx and click on the "In Progress" link under "Video" for the corresponding meeting.
• To observe the meeting by video conference, please click on this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86191306486 at the noticed meeting time.
• To listen to the meeting by phone, please call the numbers below at the noticed meeting time: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 929 436 2866 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 Webinar ID: 861 9130 6486
If asked for a participant ID or code, press #.
DUE TO THE SUSPENSION OF THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE AND COUNCIL'S RULES OF PROCEDURES ALL PUBLIC COMMENT ON ACTION ITEMS WILL BE TAKEN AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MEETING UNDER ITEM 1. COMMENT FOR ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA WILL BE TAKEN UNDER OPEN FORUM AT THE END OF THE MEETING
There are three ways to submit public comments.
• eComment. To send your comment directly to Council members and staff BEFORE the meeting starts please click on https://oakland.legistar.com/calendar.aspx and click on the "eComment" link for the corresponding meeting. Please note that eComment submission closes five (5) minutes before posted meeting time.
• To comment by Zoom video conference, click the "Raise Your Hand" button to request to speak when Public Comment is being taken on a eligible agenda item at the beginning of the meeting. You will be permitted to speak during your turn,allowed to comment, and after the allotted time, re-muted. Instructions on how to "Raise Your Hand" is available at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205566129 - Raise-Hand-In-Webinar.
• To comment by phone, please call on one of the above listed phone numbers. You will be prompted to "Raise Your Hand" by pressing "*9" to speak when Public Comment is taken. You will be permitted to speak during your turn, allowed to comment, and after the allotted time, re-muted. Please unmute your self by pressing *6.
If you have any questions, please email Asha Reed, Assistant City Clerk at AReed@oaklandca.gov.
- Office of the City Clerk
I support defunding bloated police budgets to fund education, arts, housing, and health services for all Oaklanders. Let's promote positive human endeavor, not fear and brutality!
I support cutting Oakland Police Department's budget by 50% and I support Councilmember Fortunato Bas' proposal for redistributing those funds toward mental health, housing and other critical services that address some of the root causes of crime. I live in District 5 near the Dimond/lower Glenview districts and am a parent of two kids of color who attend Oakland public schools. I am a homeowner and I've worked to build community with my neighbors- both housed and unhoused. I see Oaklanders reach out to one another and care for each other. The Oakland police department has a record of violence, corruption (The Riders, the sex scandal involving a minor etc) and their recent use of tear gas during the protests. We must try a different approach to public safety that seeks to get to the roots of crime with less police and that helps people heal and gives them a way to make their lives better. Please vote this week to reduce the OPD budget by 50%. Thank you for all your service.